An exciting journey of discovery in urban beekeeping is about to begin.
At Beeing, we want to ensure the best possible experience and we take safety, both of people and bees, very seriously.
That’s why preparation is key when it comes to urban beekeeping.
Being prepared means being curious and willing to learn. Above all, it means being curious and willing to learn.
The video course is in English
The course has a duration of 5 hours, within which you can accelerate your learning in the field of beekeeping with a simple and concrete approach, dealing with theoretical and practical aspects of hive management.
We will give you all the tools to feel confident and make your bees feel safe and healthy.
The first year is crucial and with so much conflicting advice and information available online, it can be complex to know where to start.
So, we decided to develop the first online beekeeping starter course designed specifically for B-BOX owners.
– Associations and the beekeeping code
– Positioning, distances and safety
– Common sense!
– The beekeeping approach according to Beeing
– Bees as environmental bio-indicators
– What it means to be a beekeeper
– Expected commitment
– Biological and traditional approach
– Equipment and Materials
– Repairing Swarm
– Types of bees
– Anatomy of the bee
– Swarm as a superorganism
– Hive seasons
– Foraging and geolocalization
– Cadence of visits
– How to approach the hive
– Opening the hive
– Practical management of nest and frames
– Swarming and seniority
– Bee stinging
– How to Recognize Hunger
– Supplements and Stockpiling
– European plague and American plague
– Atmospheric antagonists
– The best cure: prevention
– Mortality and natural predators
– About honeycombs
– Centrifugation or natural honeycomb
– Facilitate the ascent to the honeycomb
– Other hive products
– Balsamic honey
Online beekeeping course with B-BOX
We don’t spam, don’t worry :-)